Thursday, July 30, 2009

health care reform

I have two friends who live in countries with a public health care system, Iceland and England. Both of them have asked me questions about the US system and wonder at me having to pay as much as I do. Neither of them have complained about their medical care to me in the 20+ years I've known them.

Here are a few links to read up on this issue. Granted, they're from one source, but I tend to trust it for unbiased reporting.

From the NPR website: "You can compare the differences by looking at the set of interactive charts on this Web site and decide for yourself whether universal care is where our country should be headed. One thing that emerges from our reporting is that Americans are paying more for health care than Europeans, and getting less overall." http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92136549


Prescriptions for Change http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106180134


What's Canadian Health Care Really Like? http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111084018

No comments: