

I started this project in February of this year for a baby born in April. I didn't work on it consistently and just finished it yesterday. So, rather than it being a birth present, or even a christening gift, it will be a first Christmas gift. Good thing I made the 12 month size.
The pattern is on the Lion Brand website, Lullaby Layette #90060AD. It was easy and the lace pattern was easy to remember after a few repeats.
I used a self-patterning yarn for the yoke, to get a faux Fair-Isle-look. I wasn't happy with how it came out uneven, but by the time the patten started to emerge, I didn't want to frog all those stitches. The baby won't care. I hope her mother doesn't mind. To visually balance the pattern, I added a crocheted flower.
All in all, it didn't turn out too badly for my first sweater.
No comments:
Post a Comment