I began reading The Tower, The Zoo & The Tortoise by Julia Stuart last night at about 9 pm. I stopped reading at 2 am only because I thought I had bettered get some sleep, in case I did end up going to work this morning. After seeing that Punky's school was closed today due to the ice storm, I resumed reading at 8 am. Between fixing buckwheat pancakes for breakfast, assisting with a homework assignment and melting plastic pellets into a horse-shaped sun catcher, I kept reading. I finished after lunch this afternoon.
The book is a light, quick read that was throughly entertaining. I laughed and cried, but I'm a sap who got teary at an episode of Hannah Montana last night. It's full of interesting English trivia nicely woven throughout several intertwined story lines. Everything wraps up well. As the dust cover says, it is a "refreshingly delectable novel that you simply won't want to put down."
No comments:
Post a Comment