Friday, March 4, 2011

More coincidences

I had a dream Wednesday night about my grandmother's friend Ruth's funeral. I didn't attend the actual funeral a couple of years ago, but my dreaming mind created a strange one. I guess I had been thinking about that church family that protests funerals. They ran the funeral home in my dream. Young children acted as grief councilors. (Ruth and her husband ran a funeral home, and their son runs it now. I didn't even think of that connection until now.)

I visited my parents Thursday and my dad mentioned my grandmother had a broken tooth that she needed to get fixed because she had a funeral to attend this week.

I was eating lunch in the break area at work today when someone came in the office door. I was kind of irritated because my lunch had been interrupted three times already by the phone. I got up to see who was at the counter. It was my grandma and she said her Sunday school teacher, Ruth, died this week.

No comments: