Saturday, May 28, 2011

katydid

Even though I'm more of a dog-lover, I do like other people's cats. I recently read two books with cat themes. Both books had main characters affectionately nicknamed Katy-did by female relatives. My mom lent me both books. She could be considered a "crazy cat lady," but she does have several dogs, too.

The first book is Curiosity Thrilled the Cat by Sofie Kelly. I enjoyed reading this fun mystery about a librarian with two magical cats. The library in the story is a Carnegie library, like the one in my hometown. It's still in use as a library.

The second book is Accidentally Catty by Dakota Cassidy, part of the Accidnetally Paranormal series. This was a fun story. I liked the characters, even Nina, but I thought there was too much (unnecessary)"adult language." I would read the rest of the series if my local library has them.

No comments: