Even though it's been super nice, I played it safe and have only planted violas and pansies. Well, we did get two primroses for Punky in her favorite color-PINK. I planted potatoes, carrots, radishes, and lettuce yesterday, and accidentally grass in the patio rocks.
My daffodils are blooming and so are the tulips and crocus I planted last fall. The forsythia bushes are in full bloom. The pussy willow is shedding it's catkins for leaves. The curly willow, red maple, crab apple and rose bushes are leafing out. And, soon the "stinky trees" as Punky calls the Bradford pears, will be in full bloom, too.
I'm glad it's raining today, to help all the newly planted things grow, but it also means I should do some housework. I have a couple of new cabinets and a new prep area in the kitchen. Of course, it's already cluttered. That's entropy in action. But, after I get the kitchen in order, I plan to start some seeds. Hope and faith in new beginnings is what spring is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment