Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day One

January 1, 2013...this is the first time I've typed the new year. We'll see if I remember to write it on the checks when I pay bills. (Yes, I still pay some bills with paper and stamps.)

I read somewhere that you should review each day; to counter any negative events, find things you did well or that went well. At first thought, I felt today was a do-nothing day, non-productive. I'm still in my pj's at 5:45 pm. But, I did load up the dishwasher, which emptied the sink of dirty dishes. I played Wii with Punky, Skyped with my dad, dealt with some Girl Scout business, and brushed my teeth. I baked cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and we had corn beef sandwiches for lunch. We'll have coleslaw with burgers for dinner.

Even though I had plans to go into the office to retrieve my day planner, and deliver Christmas gifts that I've had since August, but still didn't get delivered on time, I saved gas by not driving two hours for a trip I didn't absolutely have to make. We're all off again tomorrow, and it is supposed to be sunny, so maybe we'll go sledding at my parents' or brother's, after stopping by the office and dropping off belated gifts.

Hubby's making dinner, so I'm going to play some more Wii in my jammies.

No comments: